The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just sent me a picture for my help, and I don’t know what to tell him. I have no idea what this stuff is. He is currently battling ich and has raised his temps to 86 degrees. It has been there for about a week. Does anyone know what this white stuff is? He said they are not bubble, but more like little white BB’s.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Hmm... Is there any livestock in the tank? What type- if there is? I'm kind of wondering what that tar looking stuff is that seems to be on the coconut too. Could they be eggs that are starting to get fungusy? Also what is being used for the substrate?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Livestock is 16 red eye tetras, 1 SAE, and clown pleco. He is using sand. Carib sea brand I believe. He siphoned it out and said it just kind of broke apart. I believe the darker stuff is some detrius that had built up. He has one or two spots that it seems to do that. He said they almost looked like eggs, or little whit BB’s. Could his Tetras have dropped eggs and they gathered in that spot?

Doing some research, I see that they are egg scatterers, so I guess it’s possible. All in a bunch like that is kind of odd isn’t it? He did say that they looked like eggs .

·
Registered
305 Posts
Although they do look like eggs, the tetras are scatterers and these do not look like eggs from the tetras.

They look like some kind of fungus. Is this a new setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.