The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my little cory tank in the beginning of summer, I knew there was gonna be absolutely no need for a heater till at least September.. if not October. I was right... My tank never fell below 82 during the day, and 78 at night. But now It seems that it seems that fall is on its way. Might have been the slowly cooling nights that tipped me off, the subtle colour change in the trees. Or the fact that I woke up to lightning hitting my neighbors roof...
I'm now sitting in a storm uncharacteristically hard, heavy, and early for my area. Pretty sure we've already gotten half of what we got last year in the past hour.
....It just started hailing.... Also unusual for where I live. Especially this time of year, we get hail in December - January if were lucky.
Anyways... I have the Petco bookshelf aquarium. Neat little tank, love it. But a big problem with it is that its incredibly shallow. This has been a major hurtle in almost every stage. Now I've been looking around, but the only heater I can seem to find that fit it are only rated for 3 gallons or under. Anyone got any idea's? The tank height is around 8 inches, well with my substrate theres about 6 inches to work with.

·
Registered
435 Posts
25w 6" heaters are pretty common in most shops and flea bay, bi-orb do a good one with a glass thermometer thrown in but is £23 ($30?) i have also seen people use heat mats under small tanks but havent tried this myself...

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
25w 6" heaters are pretty common in most shops and flea bay, bi-orb do a good one with a glass thermometer thrown in but is £23 ($30?) i have also seen people use heat mats under small tanks but havent tried this myself...
I'm avoiding heater mats... I can't seem to find anything under at least 9" anywhere near me... Online might be a good way to go...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.