The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I could still see at least 4 roaming around in the plants, yesterday my daughter said she couldn't find any, and I even moved plants around and couldn't find any either. I'm hoping that they're still in there but I'm wondering if I lost them (don't see any bodies though). If they're still in there they're good hiders though :(. Nothings changed since I got them and they were getting big, could they die off without a trace like that?

If I do get some more what conditions should I have for a second try? They were in a 20 gallon tall.

Tina

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they were alone (with snails) in a 20 gallon tank that I put plants that were temperarily there till they were put in my bigger tank. The tank got natural light and I would definitely see them when the sun shone on the tank. Water temp was in the low to mid 70's. I did notice that the naja (guppy grass?) was taking over and I got some duck weed recently in the tank. I made sure whatever food I used didn't have copper in it.

I use prime as a water conditioner, could that do something? The last water change was about a week before I saw no more shrimp and I saw some shrimp a couple of days ago.

Tina

·
Registered
890 Posts
What is your ph? Did you have a filter on the temporary tank? It was getting natural light? Was the water stagnant?

Seachem Prime wouldn't do anything.

Remember: CRS are very fragile when it comes to water conditions.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it has an aquaclear on it with some floss on the intake. It gets natural and artificial light

OK, just did a pH meter on it (though it hasn't been calibrated in a while). The pH reading was 7.9 (not too sure of that one since the calibration) and the temp was 71.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, hardness, what should I have the hardness at? I would like to try again. Also, I was reading that some have better luck without a bunch of plants? I can do RO, but how much regular water mix and what hardness? Geez, these guys are more than my discus (except less water changes)

Tina

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.