The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am trying to get rid of a plaque of seed shrimp (Ostracod) in my tank, Does anyone know if any of fish species would eat it? As far I found out, most fish wont eat it, because seed shrimp has hard shells and it causes digestive problem, my neon tetras grab it and spit it out,I heard black skirt tetras are good for it.thnx

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had them in my 2ftx1.5ftx2ft planted tank , after I put Melanotaenia Praecox in they are now gone .
I have also had Melanotaenia Duboulayi eat them .
That said , there are quite a few species of Ostracod they vary in size and what they eat . I am in Australia , so no surprise that Australian and New Guinea fish eat the local ones , but I would not be surprised if they eat American ones too .
I know that a lot of my experience is regional and not valid over there but it should give you some idea .

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Feed less and they will go away on their own. They are a sign of overfeeding. But CPDs will eat them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.