The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering what fish people are breeding around us here in the NW. Its always nice to know what people close by are doing. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey look at that one reply lol thanks Adam, i forgot to mention wbat im working on not saying succesfully lol. I am have my Betta albimaginata going to be relaeasing his eggs out of his mouth in the next few days, i am working Dario dario, and Dario kajal, and celestial pearl danio, i am tired of the half starving concave belly ones they sell in the stores that take a month to fatten up to look good. I also have a wild population of white clouds that breed in my outdoor pond and look so much nicer than any one in a store. And Breeding Orange Rili shrimp too not a fish but oh well lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hah, same, trying to get a giant colony of cherry shrimp started to infect all of my tanks with, and luckily for me the LFS emplyee gave me a berried girl. I think there are some rillis in there too...
I'm going to be trying for clown and lampeye killifish a little later once the former heal from their sickness and the latter get settled in their new tank.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hah, same, trying to get a giant colony of cherry shrimp started to infect all of my tanks with, and luckily for me the LFS emplyee gave me a berried girl. I think there are some rillis in there too...
I'm going to be trying for clown and lampeye killifish a little later once the former heal from their sickness and the latter get settled in their new tank.
I love the lampeye killi they are nice. =)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
working on angels myself. gonna try for some ammanos once my female is berried.
Now you better be hurrying along with that Jeff. I need to borrow about 5,000 for about a week lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know, I went to the Wet Spot for some tetras and they caught my eye so much I bought ten. :) Plus they're pretty nice shoalers and very peaceful, my pearl gets along fabulously with them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im trying. playing some romantic music and have some candles lit for them. just not happening yet. hopefully they are actually the opposite sex:hihi:. guess I would have a hard time getting babies if they weren't.
They would have to adopt lol. Im working on getting some Apistogramma pairs with good genetics that and the cpds will be my work ones lol. The others just thier thing in my tap water but its good too at close to no gh or kh and ph of 7 so pretty good for most things and easy to adjust my ph down with peat and other acids down to the 5.5 i will need for my Apisto to have nice colorful babies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts