The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of setting up a nano I've got the tank and found filter. In a small tank what should I use a ferts, I've got root medic tabs or will I need more?

Also what kind of lights shall I use there is a lot of led light about but dont know what strength is the best?!

thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
:) Hey Luke, you should use Seachem's Flourish every week as NPK and Trace.

Try out some low light plants like java ferns, java moss, anubias, and crypts, these are good beginner plants. So give the low light plants a go first, then decide if you want to go high tech later. Don't start buying plants that require high light and etc; you would be wasting your money..

As for your lighting, I would suggest getting small 15 watt CFL daylight bulbs; these work nice if you have to use bulbs as lighting.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
No, not really. It is basically the same routine on a smaller scale. The only thing I do differently with a nano is that I mostly only add trace ferts instead of the whole NPK + trace routine. I wouldn't suggest that for a large tank, but on a nano scale it seems to work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.