The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all.
I'm looking for some Pete (I think it's spelled right) for my Glo-Light Tetras. A site said that it makes them happier or something. And I went shopping today to see normal aquarium soil. Is that Pete? Or is Pete a special kind of soil? Any information would help! Pictures too! Thanks! :fish:

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
The title says it all.
I'm looking for some Pete (I think it's spelled right) for my Glo-Light Tetras. A site said that it makes them happier or something. And I went shopping today to see normal aquarium soil. Is that Pete? Or is Pete a special kind of soil? Any information would help! Pictures too! Thanks! :fish:
Do a search on "peat" as in peat moss. This is commonly used to make the water more acidic. I've not used it personally. Tetras are acidic water species typically.

·
Registered
162 Posts
bout 6'3, blond, broad shoulders, narrow hips ...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Honestly, Do we really have to do all this!?!?
geez guys come on, if you can help post if you can't then don't.

Awsomebean's question deserves an answer, not retarded remarks.
If there was a function to leave a bad comment on your profiles the majority of you all would get one from me.

Now with that all said,
Awsomebean, I believe you are refering to peat, and usually can be had for cheap at Walmart, home depot, lowes and stores like that. Just make sure you don't get any with fertilizer on it.

BTW: its not soil, its brown stuff, kinda like hay that people generaly use to plant those hanging plants you put up on your porch.

Rodney

·
Registered
162 Posts
and if the earlier replies hadn't directed him in the right direction, I might have been inclined to point him that way myself. But, since the "serious replies" had already been offered, I just couldn't resist the temptation.

And besides, who made you the "serious reply" cop on this forum?

Keep Smilin'
John :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
First off, I never said I was a cop check my post again if you like:thumbsup:

Awesomebean is a new member and I think thats its up to us to make sure he feels welcome. To be frank, If I had gotten a reply like that When I was new, I would be gone.:eek5: the reason he joined the forum was to learn, not to be fun of for lack of knowledge.

Frozen barb, you need not speek, Many of you posts have been in the same negitive, demeaning format. The coo coo remark was just plain mean.:(

Im not trying to be aggressive or a jerk but when I read the comments I felt that something needed to be said,

Be nice,
Rodney:)

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
you guys beat me to the joke..

Make sure not to buy peat with fertilizers in them... I see a lot of that.
Just plain old peat moss.

·
Registered
360 Posts
First off, I never said I was a cop check my post again if you like:thumbsup:

Im not trying to be aggressive or a jerk but when I read the comments I felt that something needed to be said,

Be nice,
Rodney:)
Nobody was mean to him. Just pulling his leg. Chill out man.
Come on not even a 2 on the Rex curmudgeon-meter.
Rafo

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have already explained myself:icon_smil

but thanks for your concern.

rodney

·
Registered
474 Posts
I used Canadian peat moss, no preference to the canadian, but that was the only stuff I could find cost $2 for a bag big enough to do a 125 gal W/ loads left over.

Hey Awesomebean, hope you are not too phased by the lighter side of things that also makes this forum what it is, besides all the great info that can be gotten.

But anyway, for all you rigid conformists..Hit the link :)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/flowerpotmen/FXCD0029.jpg

Regards,

Pete

·
Registered
690 Posts
You guys are still at this? ROFL
Where's the icon that rolls on the floor back and forth laughing when you need it?!?!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts