The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Already posted in aquascaping forum with no answer.

I am trying to come very close to a scape that was completed by Viktor Lantos. I attached pictures bellow, I might change the stumps to be more like trees? If not I have access to mounds of driftwood and could find the right pieces. However I have really cool dead bonsai trees that could take the place of them.

My big question is how many pounds of seiryu rock do you think he used? I also want the background plant to be a sharp red, yellow, or orange. I have been looking at plants and I will have medium- high light, diffused CO2, and ferts. What background plant might be a good idea?

The tank will be a 90P ADA, and I also have no idea where to find substrate that looks like that.

Please help, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I have no idea about the weight of the stones, but I can tell you that getting good red, orange, etc. colors in plants requires high light and very good CO2. With less light most plants tend to just be green or very faint red/orange colors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.