i'm a newbie to this planted stuff
but 2 and 3
the wood lines are too horizontal for me
just my opinion

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 and 3 are both fantastic looking, but I agree number one looks a little crowded, and could make it difficult to plant.
I would probably plant the crypts just in the open areas but not in a line or anything, just point and plant. That way it makes it more random and natural? Even though the scape is far from natural.... Haha

·
Registered
132 Posts
Out of the three one looks the best but its a little to crowded.
If you could thin it out a little, might make it look a little less crowded.

Sometime chopping a branch or two helps make the tank look bigger and allow for more plant growth.

Your plants should be the focus with the wood being an accent.

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the first one best. The diagonal lines look great and the left hand twisty bit is really nice. Not crazy about the bit in front that is dead center and more vertical than the rest though.
Yeah, I gave it a second look. Number one fo sure! I agree with kathy though, that piece dead center kind of throws it off a bit.
Yea I agree with both of you now that I look at it closer. But I think I have a piece somewhere in there that is pretty much the same. Just not too sure if I can put it back together all the same way! :)

Out of the three one looks the best but its a little to crowded.
If you could thin it out a little, might make it look a little less crowded.

Sometime chopping a branch or two helps make the tank look bigger and allow for more plant growth.

Your plants should be the focus with the wood being an accent.
Yea I agree on the main focus being the plants but I think it would look good vise versa. Right? Tomorrow after I get off of school I'll be sure to try and re create this scape!

Thanks for all the comments. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
just an idea
remember noobie here and not sure if what i am about to say is a no-no in planted tanks
take #1
the 2 peices on the left move more towards the glass
the darker one and the one that has the branch in front
leaving on open space
JUST AN IDEA-DON'T HURT ME--LOL

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Out of the 3, I like 1 best. Don't be afraid of all the wood. I made the mistake of too little hasrdscape and I regret it now. Depending on your plant choice, most of the wood will be covered anyways.

What about a center piece with the wood going outward in all directions. Kind of like Nick's (speedie408) tank.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
NONE!

haha I'm messing with you man, but I agree with Anthony. Try working the wood so it's not so cluttered together. You may have to ziptie them together at first and later screw them to hold the look that you decide to go with. I suck at explaining things. If only you lived nearby, I'd lend a hand.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts