The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Just want to know what you thing of my setup now that is finally done( took about 2 months). I had bought one of those aqueon evolve 4 from petco since it was on sale and I heard decent things( except for the light). I got it home and started thinking what if I got an under gravel filter and ran the flow thru it in reverse so it would push debris up thru the gravel and would get filtered out. With a little cutting and some 5/8 hose I got it like planned. Hooked that up to a canister filter full of used ceramic media. Put in pressurized co2. I also got my hand on two evolve 8 led lights( 2 is better than 1 right?). So now it's got a few tetras, a couple of shrimp and some plants in there dosing excel and flourish. It's been up for almost 2 months the gravel is super clean, params are perfect, plants are pearling and water changes are a breeze( I change two cups every 4 days and I use a measuring cup and skim off the top). Oh I forgot in the back filter chamber I got some sponge I've been rinsing every 2 weeks. So ya I was just wondering ppls thoughts pros or possible downfalls to the setup...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya those blue lights are just moon lights. Here are the day lights. Does anyone know if having the ugf will be really bad for roots long term... I mean so far plants are doing great.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. just changed it up a little. Btw how do you post pictures straight they're straight when I upload them.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! The stand was from home goods... It's like a bathroom cabinet knocked a shelf out drilled holes in the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts