The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Flakes are fine but a diverse diet is what most recommend. I fed my guy pellets, flakes, frozen blood worms and brine shrimp(he loved both). I also gave him a blanched pea once a week to help flush his intesties. It's suppose to help fishes with thier digestive systems. GL

·
Registered
339 Posts
Did you just get the betta? It just might take some time he'll eventually eat but a variety might help you to see what he prefers. My Apistos hate daphnia but others swear by it. Really depends on the fish more than anything else.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Might be the flakes or like I said it could just be the fish. Try foods made specially for bettas that may help. Otherwise live or frozen should work.

·
Registered
644 Posts
of every food i have tried, the [censored][censored][censored][censored]ty flakes i get for free seem to be my fishies least favorite.

shrimp pellets are good,
dont forget to use other types of pellets/live food as well :fish:

·
Registered
254 Posts
My bettas, in fact all of my fish, go crazy for NLS thera-a 1mm sinking pellets and same goes for frozen (thawed first) bloodworms as a treat. The garlic in the thera-a generally is good to get some picky fish to eat and serves as an immune system boost.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts