The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I feed my tetras regular flakes and freeze dried brine shrimp. But they are slowly learning to go after the sinking pellets I feed to the rest of the fish as well.

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
NLS Small Fish pellets, live blackworms and grindal worms, frozen bloodworms and glassworms, large-grade golden pearls...my tetras aren't picky at all.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feed my tetras regular flakes and freeze dried brine shrimp. But they are slowly learning to go after the sinking pellets I feed to the rest of the fish as well.
thank you !!!
NLS Small Fish pellets, live blackworms and grindal worms, frozen bloodworms and glassworms, large-grade golden pearls...my tetras aren't picky at all.
what kind of NLS you got there? i got u bunch of small sinking pellets ( cichlids) here . is that same as your ? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
You are getting one (!) tetra? You'll need at least a small group of 6 for them to be happy and display their natural behavior.

High-quality flake food should be the staple. Freeze-dried stuff and frozen food are good supplements. Some stores offer frozen daphnia, which is great for small species (larger fish tend to ignore them).

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
NLS small and growth formula as a staple, alternating with freeze-dried brine shrimp, tubifex, frozen bloodworms, adult brine and mosquito larvae. For my plecos, I feed mostly the same but use carnivore pellets by Hikari as the staple.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank everyone for the reply ..i'll get in touch with my whole sell NLS here and see if he can get me a big bucket of that ..
and no one tetra will not work well with my big tank , i mean large group but i missed the group LOL just a typo

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I have some LFS bought flake and flake from Brine Shrimp Direct. I feed them twice a day (both evening) alternating between the two. Also have some granular food the sinks much faster and add a little of that several times a week to be sure the bottom feeders get fed. Tetras usually spit out the granular since it's a little big and still hard and dry when they get to it.

SteveU

1 - 10 of 10 Posts