The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I have fish I don't want and some I don't really have room for. ATM I've got some type of catfish in my 10 it's looks like a pictus. 4 feeder lookin goldfish that are actually in a bucket ATM. Bunny rabbit guppies that don't stop in a 29. And I'm probably gonna move some or all of 8 Cory's to 29 from 40 but no room cuz of guppies. I'm kinda like OCD about this stuff help me pls. I also have randoms in my 29 like a swordtail a platy and a couple zebras. It's chaotic. Flushing seems cruel/wasteful.

·
Registered
426 Posts
See if your local fish stores want them. Also you can post in the Michigan forums on this website to see if any local members want them.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ok, so I have fish I don't want and some I don't really have room for. ATM I've got some type of catfish in my 10 it's looks like a pictus. 4 feeder lookin goldfish that are actually in a bucket ATM. Bunny rabbit guppies that don't stop in a 29. And I'm probably gonna move some or all of 8 Cory's to 29 from 40 but no room cuz of guppies. I'm kinda like OCD about stuff help me pls. I also have randoms in my 29 like a swordtail a platy and a couple zebras. It's chaotic. Flushing seems cruel/wasteful.
My advice moving forward is to buy responsibly. Don't buy fish that you haven't planned ahead to get for a long time. Not to sound like a librarian, but if it's not something that you've been thinking about for at least a few weeks do not buy it... Emotion and impulse buys lead to mistakes. And if you are going to make impulse buys, at least take 10 minutes to do some quick research on your phone for the basics (size, comparability, water chemistry). This is also a good way to avoid having one of those tanks with two of everything in it and nothing looks right...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Local board, craigslist, local pet store, if you are willing and comfortable shipping can do raoks/sales on here, also aquabid or [Ebay Link Removed]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Jesus God did you just walk into a fish shop and slap a wad of cash on the counter?

Any fish shop should take them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I bought a used tank with goldfish and catfish. I bought 4 zebras lost 2 to catfish. Couldn't pass up the sale sunburst platy and the swordtail was my first fish. I thought my Cory cats, especially at $1 a pop, would go well with my 40 set up, but A problem has arose with their temp and gbr temp. Not sure though, also domination maybe?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, I've been tryin to scoop em over to the 10 but he only eats the real little guppies for some reason, and I'm trying to bring out better color in them. I'd also like to say I'm not defending or am proud of my situation. Thx for all input to this point. Maybe I'll ask around town, or make some post.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
unwanted? its an excuse to make another tank setup!! let the M.T.S. run rampant!! bwahahaha, but honestly, haven't owned enough fish yet to run into this ^^''

·
Registered
274 Posts
You let them go in the wild so they can start a Fishtopia by themselves lol. I have never dealt with this before as I also think about what I want to have for a while. My tank got overpopulated with guppies at one point, but I managed as I have had them too long to get rid of. Kinda like another part of the family wouldn't you say?

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
I fed Guppies to other fish.
Prior to having larger fish to eat them I was returning fish to the stores. Mostly Platies and Endlers.
This was before Endlers were really common, and the store would give me some credit for them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts