The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you pop the blister or leave it and what creams ect do you put on it cause my hand is killing me and i dont know what to do to it :(

·
Registered
803 Posts
You've been cooking everything on that thing, haven't you, Rex? I'll bet if your wife would let you, you'd bring it in the house and sleep with it.:hihi:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mmm its pretty lame i put the bacon in the pan and it did that spitting thing bacon does burning all my arm so i freaked at being burnt and moved my arm out the way sticking my hand into the hot oil burning myself even more my middle finger is now twice the normal size yellow and red and very very sore
if only i had a treager grill

·
Registered
408 Posts
Clean the area well, and place your hand in ice WATER, not directly in ice. Use no oils or creams, which will only retain the heat in the tissues. But as said above, see the doctor for burn meds. I burned the entire side of my face, both hands and chest. Vitamin E oil plus sulfadine cream three times a day, and I haven't a single scar.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's probably the best reason not to go.

Brian
Whys that Brian? Not looking to start an argument here BTW:icon_wink

Just wondering how our health care system is percieved by you guys over the pond?

I'm a Paramedic in the UK so I'm a bit biased as to what I think.:rolleyes:

Regards,
Paul.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have to admit that I don't know too many people that have utilized the UK health system but what my Canadian friends tell me is a bit scary and I'm assuming the two systems are at least similar. To me, anytime the government is trying to do something that is being done very well by private enterprise it is something to be worried about.

For example. I live in Cleveland, OH. Some consider it to be an armpit and to some extent it can be. However, where do Kings, Queens and Presidents of so many countries come to when they need bypass surgery or whatever? The Cleveland Clinic. I think in a lot of ways world class medicine exists because Americans are willing to pay for it and then that expertise, knowledge and technology trickles out to other countries. I'd rather pay for my health care and know that I'm getting the best. That's also coming from the perspective of having got the training in a field that I know will allow me to do so.
The idea of being on a waiting list to have my tonsils out just bothers me. (I've never had my tonsils out)

Brian

·
Registered
121 Posts
I used to work as a professional Chef... I know all about burns.. after a while you just get used to them.. ha. Except for that almost 3rd degree one on my foot... (long story and not even caused by me!)

Anyway sounds like some grease splattered up and got ya.. As far as popping it that is up to you.. I think I did some of the time just because I cant leave things alone. As far as creams if you want something go buy yourself a bottle of pure aloe vera (very inexpensive too). It works to soothe burns pretty well.

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
Usually I swear really loud, throw something across the room and then run cold water on my burnt hand

·
Registered
200 Posts
rinse under cool water for a few minutes, dry, apply aloe vera (bottled or fresh), bandage.

repeat for a few days. Always work for me. I actualy had a steam burn today (1st degree) and I did aloe on it. All better tonite.

Your are not suposed to pop it. But when it pops naturally you can remove the dead skins. You really do not have to go to doctor/hospital, socialized or private if it is a small one, but if it large area and really really really bothers you, I suggest you see someone.

Burns suck, i hope it feels better soon, but aloe vera makes the burns feel less painful. I used it once when I got bad sunburn when i feel alseep in the back of someones car on a road trip. It is especially nice if you keep you aloe vera gel in the refidgerator.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i went to the doctors, they sent me home and told me to keep it covered up, and yes it was second degree burns i felt somwhat pixxsed off that the doctor was so unbothered and saw a freinds mum who was like heres some burns cream keep it moisturised and dont pop it, it popped anyway has gone septic + all the skins come off where it got burnt and im back in the doctors on monday URGHHH

1 - 20 of 32 Posts