The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a loss at what to feed a mystery snail. Any pointers?

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
Regular fish food, pellets, flakes, and some veggies. If you have alot you might want to add calcium mto the diet.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

·
Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi! I got the same thing in my fish tank, i dont know where they came from, but they seemed to feed off of the fish food.
If they came out of nowhere, they're not mystery snails, but rather most likely pest snails.

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
Oh lol, There is a mystery snail is a type of aquarium snail. Also known as the apple snail. The snails you have are probably Bladder or pond snails.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Mystery snails love fish food and organic waste. I wouldn't really feed them per se, unless there's absolutely nothing for them to eat, then I'd throw a sinking pellet in there or a blanched veggie. They are not picky eaters at all in my experience.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Mine eat like pigs. The more they eat the faster they grow too... got to the point I had to feed them something as "bait" then drop in whatever I wanted my shrimp to get a chance at. If it's veggies all bets are off. They are like big gastropod snow plows :)

Reactions: greenguppy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feed mine peas, blanched kale, zoomed nano blocks, ”snello” (make your own or buy it online), and fluval bug bites shrimp formula, on a rotating basis. I also have cuttle bone in the tank just in case anyone wants to graze on it. They’re not picky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.