The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pics of newly born BKK? I am curious as to what color they are when they are first born. I have one sole surviving baby from my BKK 1 bar female. I don't know who she was bred to, could have been a BB.

This is the very bad picture of the baby, you can see it is blue, but it does have what looks to be some banding of a lighter color on it. My question is are some BKK babies born blue and then turn black as they grow? or could this be a blue panda?

If it was a BB x BKK cross would it resemble the BB?

For now I am just calling it the "blue blob" as I can't tell what it will be later on....sorry for such a bad pic, but its tiny and very hard to get a good pic inside the breeder box.

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
The blue blob in that picture is a panda, they look clear blue when they're babies. The white parts are also blue when they're babies.

A blue bolt baby looks like a blue bolt adult.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah Thanks Liam, I thought it was a panda, but its sooo tiny I couldn't tell much, it keeps dissappearing in the soil or hiding under the almond leaf, but I managed to catch it on the side this am.

When I downloaded the pic I could almost see the bands.

Unfortunately only 1 baby survived :(

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Santa Baby...not red and white, but blue and white :)

Here's a new pic of the " Blue Blob " I posted a few days ago...yes its a panda and will turn black later on, but for now its blue and cute!

Eating biofilm off some old floss from my whisper filter....loaded with yummy stuff to eat (shrimp stuff ):icon_eek:

At least I can see it clearly now so it must be growing a bit.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, its my first one. Just realised too they don't eat like baby CRS or Tigers, but like the adult Taiwans, grazing on biofilm etc. I tried feeding the baby powder stuff, but it didn't seem to be eating that, so I put the floss in and its been in there ever since. As long as its eating its staying alive and growing, so Im happy.

I keep lots of the floss in older tanks for cycling new tanks, so had quite a bit on hand.

·
Wanabe BKK Herder
2,159 Posts
Taiwans eat differently? Mine seem to eat the same as my CBS (rabidly attacking and fighting over most of what I drop into their tank, though they seem less enamored with fresh spinach than the CBS).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts