The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the bad picture...my camera didn't want to focus close up. My dwarf gourami has this circular spot that looks like his scales are being eaten away. Does anyone now what disease this is?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
can't really see anything. do you mind getting another picture? You could even take the fish out of the water to photograph if you're comfortable with it. I'd just go ahead and quarantine bar whatever diagnosis is offered.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
it looks like it might be internal, but I'm not expert at these things. Did you try deworming? Is it still eating? If so, having him eat food with metrodinazole and praziquantel etc might work if other people chime in and think that it's also an internal parasite of some kind. I could be completely wrong so I wouldn't act on my advice alone.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I might google .."Iridovirus among Dwarf gourami"
I long ago gave up keeping these fish with exception of "Honey gourami" who don't seem to be affected to the degree that most other's are.
Colisa Ialia jst seemed to me to not be worth the trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Agreed. Fish TB is really uncommon and you'd know it if you had it. Or rather you'd notice the absence of swimming things in your tank anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.