The Planted Tank Forum banner

What Did They Make?....a Tiger?

909 8
Hi All,

I finally got a couple pics of an odd shrimp that are acceptable ....point&shoot acceptable.....not Speedie Acceptable though!! ;) . I have CRS in this tank that throw WR and I also had two Crystal Whites about the time this guy may have been born. So What do you all think? What is he?.....I think it's a "he". What do you think I should try to breed him with?

Anyway, thought I'd share the little bugger and see what you all thought.

Thank you all for such a great forum!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
cool looking shrmp looks like a tiger crystal red cross to me so you might have an odd one in the tank that mated with your crystals or some where down the line before you got them they mated with a tiger

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmmm. A number of Tibee votes. Guess I need to try to look them up again. Anyone have any good ref threads or websites for me to read about Tibees? Somehow I must have not have been reading for a while or whatever, but I know for me, it was like all of a sudden people started referring to tibees on the forum, and I never have quite figured out what that refers to. I know it has something to do with WR and BKK, but I must be missing the wild type or something that gets us there. Sorry if that's a totally newbie question.........

·
Wanabe BKK Herder
2,159 Posts
There is a super wide range of tibees. Basically they're created by crossing different Caridina cantonensis sub species/types (various crystal and tiger shrimp varieties, of which there are now QUITE a few). But that speckled shell with both tiger stripes and bits of white is a classic tibee. There are LOTS of threads about these on Shrimpnow.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a super wide range of tibees. Basically they're created by crossing different Caridina cantonensis sub species/types (various crystal and tiger shrimp varieties, of which there are now QUITE a few). But that speckled shell with both tiger stripes and bits of white is a classic tibee. There are LOTS of threads about these on Shrimpnow.
Hmmm. OK. Thanks! I do need to start reading other forums.......obviously..... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.