The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was in petco just now looking at what their neons were on sale for and I saw this plant in one of their tanks. They had no idea what it is or if it's even aquatic, but it looked similar to rotala to me so I went for it. Said I could have it for 3$. Never seen anything like this at big box pet stores before..Here are some pictures of it in my tank with rotala rotundifolia for reference. Really hoping I got something aquatic here cause I've been looking everywhere for red red rotala!

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
I got a bunch of that same plant at petco here too,only mine weren't in as good of shape as that.they seem to be making it so far.The new growth seems more greenish in my low tech setup.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Looks almost exactly like my Ludwigia sp. Red when I don't keep up my dosing. Give it some CO2 or excel and plenty of ferts and if it's a sp. Red it should start putting out blood red leaves within a week.

My underdosed Ludwigia sp. Red:

·
Registered
852 Posts
I kno wit's been quite awhile,sorry for reviving an old post,but I'm pretty sure it might be ammania gracilis.mine's still alive,but seems to grow slowly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.