The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the forum, but have been browsing for a while for some very good information. Hoping you veterans can help me identify a deficiency symptom in my tank. I couldnt find an accurate description elsewhere.

I've attached some pics. Bascially, my lemon bacopa has developed holes in the leaves; they keep growing bigger.

20g long with Ecocomplete substrate and osmocote tabs.
I am dosing EI at reduced rate. Nitrates at about 20ppm average.
No injected CO2 yet, hence reduced EI Dosing excel as short term replacement.
No real algae issues.
I have a satellite+ pro running 7.5 hrs a day. Shorter photoperiod to minimize algae and balance with glut co2.

Any ideas why the bacopa has holes? No other plants have them. I doubt its a circulation issue as I've noticed it on bacopa around the tank.

Thanks all!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
@Teej,

I 'm with onlycrimson on this. A potassium deficiency should show up on all plants and they are usually small brown holes.
These here are larger, irregular holes that indicate something is feeding on the bacopa. My guess is that there are pond snails hiding somewhere, as they are the most likely suspects. However, there are other possibilities.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm. I haven't seen any snails in the tank, and I moved my assassin bc he was digging too much. Guess I'll look harder and research some snail catching techniques. Do snails prefer bacopa?

·
Plant Whisperer
2,550 Posts
Can you take some more close up photos?

Also some of the other plants.

How much potassium are you adding?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts