The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color will make blue dreams look their best in? If I do black would the shrimp turn dark blue? or will I have trouble finding them? If white? will the shrimp fee they stand out and turn pale?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have a mix of tan, orange, brown, grey, and black pebbles and my blues show up fine. They don't pop as much as they would on white sand but they're definitely not hard to see.

I imagine on black sand the darker blues might be harder to see.

Water Vertebrate Organism Plant Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have some on black eco complete. They are hard to see on the substrate, but really pop on the green plants. The babies disappear unles they free swim, or go up on a really green plant or the glass. When I first put them in the tank they vanished for a couple weeks. Wasn't until they felt comfortable that they started move around to the more visible parts of the tank.. was a pretty stressful couple of weeks :)

Reactions: greenguppy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.