The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 2 verity packs of plants on amazon, they have the same plant in each pack but with different pictures. I'm trying to draw my layout for when the plants get here (research lighting, and growth) so I can know how I'm gonna scape my tank.
Plant Plant community Terrestrial plant Vegetation Grass

Flower Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Organism

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
There are so many cultivars of c. wendtii that it's hard to say exactly what you're getting. And most of the time they're just referred to by color so who knows if they're right or what collection they really came from etc. By the looks of it, you're getting c. wendtii "green," which is supposedly one of the taller types, and c. wendtii "bronze," or red or brown or whatever but it's really hard to tell -crypts will also vary in color/height under different parameters (light intensity, water clarity, ferts etc.) and with age (mature plants usually aren't as vibrantly colored, and once the rhizome starts spreading the stems tend to get longer and the leaves get taller).

I ditched all of the wendtii in my high-tech 20 long about a year ago and as they just got too big, but I still keep wendtii in my 6 gallon Edge and they're pretty size appropriate.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I researched them and it said max size 4 to 20 inches. That's a huge difference lol. Then this pictures were different so I'm gonna plant them somewhere I can change them later if needed.... I'm trying to scape to where I don't have to move things cause my biggest problem right now is rearranging my tank so much, none of my plants can survive long from me damaging them. I'm trying to stick with it. And I ordered the verity pack just to see what does best in my tank. . I've spent so much on plants, then kill them cause I didn't plant them right or Didn't have the proper lighting and they just kind of melt away... plus alot of the plants I have bought at the pet store don't have tags so I didn't know what I was getting...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.