The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a moderately planted 135Gal that currently houses 4 Albino Corys, 4 Peppered Corys, 3 Otos, 6 Tiger Barbs, 3 Neon Tetras, and 3 Harlequin Rasboras.

The neons and rasboras started out in schools of 10 but between the barbs getting after them and the little guys going through the overflow weirs on my tank, I have a feeling I won't have any left sometime in the near future.

The Barbs seem to show no interest in the Corys and Otos.

What can be stocked with the Barbs that they will not constantly pester?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I´ve kept many kinds of fish with Tiger Barbs. The rule is to keep at least 8-10 Tiger Barbs.

Right i have mine with Harlequins, Cherry Barbs, Boeseman's Rainbowfish, even Pearl Gouramis.

Not one nipped fin.

Safe choices are other barb species, zebra danios, clown loaches...etc

·
Registered
134 Posts
I put 6 Neon Tetras in a tank with 4 Tiger Barbs once......the Tetras were gone in less than 10 min. Lesson learned.

:eek:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I added 3 more Tiger Bars bringing the total to 9. I also introduced 10 Serape tetras that give the TBs a run for their money. Lots of movement in the tank now.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I´ve kept many kinds of fish with Tiger Barbs. The rule is to keep at least 8-10 Tiger Barbs.

Right i have mine with Harlequins, Cherry Barbs, Boeseman's Rainbowfish, even Pearl Gouramis.

Not one nipped fin.

Safe choices are other barb species, zebra danios, clown loaches...etc
+1

Though I think 15 or more TB's would be better... I've always like mixing the albino and green's with true TB's. :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
I agree, add more tiger barbs even now.

Their tankmates should be semi-aggressive and generally don't have long fins. I keep a blue gourami with my tiger barbs, but they generally leave her alone as I have plenty of TBs. Once and a while she may get nipped, but quickly gives chase and they back down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.