The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What buffer could I use for de-ionized water for soft water 2-3 DKH?
For soft water biotope. I have been cutting RO/DI with tap water at a 5 to 1 ratio, which I'd rather not use at all because it is very hard and contains high quantities of chloramines and fluoride. I'd just as soon use all RO/DI with buffer added instead of my tap (which I will not drink)

I used EI to grow my plants and now I am switching to a modified PPS Pro (PPS-XL?...EI light?)

What do you use and why?...Any info greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I use straight RO, 4ml of each PPS solution each day...that's about it. It's a 90 and 20 gallon sump, so that's only 1/3 dosing thereabouts. I add a bit of calcium every month or so.

Three months growth.

I have a few rocks in there that get the KH to about your level, pH is never much below 7.5 (right between the high and low tests).

I hadn't been using any Prime for a long time, but given my RO membrane is pushing a year old I've started adding that to each water change (about 15 gals a week, or so, between top offs and proper changes).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.