The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Pretty much all water related sports. I race and teach sailing on sunfish and am proficient in pretty much all small sailboats given a half hour or so with me in it. I am also teaching myself to sail a 420 well, this summer I want to rig it to sail nicely single handedly.

I started sculling (rowing shells) last august and have been doing this since then, over the winter rowing on an erg (rowing machine) and this spring rowing at least twice a week for about 2 hours and right now am rowing in what is called a "trainer" or a "B racing single" Both boat types made by Pine art boat works out of Mattapoissette Mass. I row out of the Narragansett boat club which owns a few dozen boats and basically take classes year round now (exception of summers) this year 4 kids from the youth programs that I'm in are going to nationals. I'm too old to make it into that youth circuit... So I'm a bit disadvantaged. But its one hell of a work out especially erging and its low impact. But more or less I'm as obsessed with rowing as I am with this hobby now.

I ski but hadn't skied too too much this past winter due to being just overly busy.

I'm also big on boyscouts (not exactly a 'hobby' per say) I'm an eagle scout and have done it all (except a high adventure base:() I'm a Scoutmaster for a provisional troop for the 2010 National Jambo and just love the program and owe a lot back to it after my decade or so of experiences its given me.

I am also an entrepreneurial type and enjoy dreaming and writing short business plans to put some context to my ideas, most which will never see the light of day. Over the summer I'm going to be working on a couple, including a program that would be an after school program for elementary school kids and middle school kids (two similar programs, slightly less intense program for elementary school) that encourage entrepreneurial thinking at a young age. Things as simple as selling lemonade instead of always asking mom for money etc. Simple things and the tools to think about business as a ways to fix problems and also make some cash doing so.

Oh, and my other hobby is relaxing on the beach. I'm a pro at that.

-Andrew

·
Registered
664 Posts
songwriting
electric guitar
partying
internet message boards
WoW
online dating

Fish tanks were my first hobby back as a 14-17 year old and now I have started it up again! I thought I knew my stuff till I found this site! :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im a noob but ill play.

Im into cars, actually going to a meet later tonight.
Also I sail, I race a O'Day 322 once a week.

I used to play paintball almost daily (was told I could still walk onto my buddies semi-pro team) and I also used to ride dirtbikes also was into Nitro RC cars for awhile also.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Things that go fast

Twin turbo '89 Mustang - only about 750hp
All DIY

will be 2+ year project
'93 Mustang Coupe - shooting for 1200+hp and mid 8's in the 1/4

Traded a $500 intake manifold for this body.
Come a long way already just getting rust fixed and painted.

Couple other expensive hobbies include my IFR pilot license and plane
golf and fly fishing.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Here's mine

I used to be into nitro rc big time. nice hpi savage. I used to do 4wd 1/8th scale buggies. I had a few of them. Kyosho inferno, ofna 9.5pro. the ofna had some guts to it. I had a modded novarossi .21 in it and it would throw down some major torque. with the 2 speed trans I could get it upwards of 60+ mph. I started out nitro with the associated rc10gt stadium truck.

I grow bonsai trees and play with my kids!

1 - 20 of 116 Posts