The Planted Tank Forum banner

What are you thankful for?

508 2
Happy Thanksgiving everybody! (To our non-US members, happy Thursday!)

Every year brings bad experiences that often consume us and make us lose sight of all the great and wonderful things happening right beside them. But today is a day to push those good things into the center of our minds and give us perspective on our lives. So, tell us, what are you thankful for this year? What hurdles have you managed to get over? Or, if you're still in a rough spot, what small things are keeping you going? Has something awesome happened that restored your faith in humanity? Or was someone just really kind to you at the store? Share it here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of all the things I've been through this year, trying to find a job has been the most stressful. I am so thankful I found one that pays well for the work, has hours that suit me, has other employees that are friendly, and a boss that, in spite of a personality clash, has been very tolerant of my failures.

I'm also thankful for my family growing closer together and getting better at supporting each other when we were at our lowest points.

And last but not least, I'm thankful that my aquarium hasn't crashed from all the times when I was too stressed to take care of it. I'm thankful that, in spite of not being as focused on the hobby as I used to be, I've still been able to experiment with different scapes and grow as an aquarist.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I am thankful that I received a rather large promotion this year due to some staff restructuring at our agency; we are growing as a company and have many new exciting opportunities happening in the next year. Despite regulation changes, more strict state laws, etc in the mental health field we are managing to meet and exceed requirements. Very thankful for the opportunities I have had this year; I have a great team of staff who I supervise and despite some minor issues things have gone very well. We service an awesome group of clients who are a joy to work with. I am very fortunate and thankful for my current placement.

I am also thankful that I have been able to get back into the hobby more since my promotion; I have more free time with a set schedule now to enjoy personal activities. I am finally getting back to my roots of fish keeping which was NW Cichlids....and am having good success in mixing them with planted scapes. This alone is something to be thankful for :)

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,339 Posts
I'm thankful I didn't kill anyone this year. Can't promise for next year though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.