The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357614594.064393.jpg

I just added this guy on Sunday and I've been feeding TetraMin Tropical Flakes. He doesn't seem to be to fond of the flakes. He shows interest, but he just looks disappointed. Like when my mom fed me liver and onions with Brussel Sprouts 馃槤

Registered
I have Bolivian rams and they won't touch flake. They go crazy for spirluna pellets and cichlids pellets. Rams aren't really top feeders but if you invest enough time they sometimes will come up and eat flake. I have cories in the tank too so I just stick with sinking food for everyone.

Registered
Mine will nibble at flakes as they fall to the bottom, but he has to be pretty hungry not to spit 'em back out.

Main foods are:
shrimp pellets, freeze dried blood worms and tubifex (soaked to sink while the voracious black neons work on the surface ones) and 1-2x a week a smashed pond snail or two. He's a good veggie eater as well, being particularly fond of squash, pumpkin, yam and mashed peas.

My cherry shrimp culls offer him an endless buffet of baby shrimp as well. At least once a month he shows up at the front glass in the morning with his belly bulging--which gets the rest of his food cut waaaay back. Generally means one or more shrimp dropped their kids and he spent the night gorging.

Registered
At the moment all of mine are getting a mix of mosquito larvae, bloodworms, and brine shrimp. With the occasional treat of fruit fly maggots.

Registered
I feed my pair NLS thera A sinking pellets (staple diet) and hikari frozen bloodworms (once a week). They go nuts over both and have are very healthy. In fact all my fish go crazy over NLS in any form.

Premium Member
My GBR isn't picky at all. Everyone in the tank gets Ken's premium flake, algae wafers, veggie sticks, freeze-dried bloodworms and occasional blanched peas.

Registered
My GBRs love flake, though it's the first group I've had that has. I also feed hikari micro pellets and mysis shrimp. It's really nice when they're not picky.

Registered
I have bolivians that are the same, don't like flakes, however they go nuts for OmegaOne Shrimp pellets as well as frozen blood worms.

Registered
Wow, I have a Bolivian and she's a hoot, will dance for food, eats basically anything I throw in the tank, even flakes.
She'd probably try and eat a rock if I dropped it in front of her.
I give her specialized food too (but I have annoying little fat harliquin rasboras that steal food, so I'm working on trying to spot feed her)

Sent from my phone, in the land of magical unicorns and rainbows!

Registered
NLS small community fish pellets, crushed flakes, shrimp pellets, algae/veggie wafers (for corys but my GBR seems to like these too), spirulina sticks, frozen daphnia and bloodworms. I guess mine isn't too picky. I soak most food in a spoon of tank water so it will sink as soon as I pour it into the tank as most of my fish, the GBR included, prefer to eat from the bottom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts