The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these from one of the folks on this forum about 8 months or so ago and they were sold as "unidentified shrimp". These guys are TIIIIINY. The biggest ones are barely 2/3rds of the size of a cherry shrimp male. They breed like crazy and in my tank don't look anywhere near as colorful as in the seller pic but the females are a nice opaque black with white/cream stripes. Anyhoo, I love these little guys and I was just wondering if anyone knew what they were?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Could be blue-bees, which actually can be brown/blue/purple/black and other dark colors with stripes and certainly are smaller than most other shrimp.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, I would totally sell you some if I could catch them! They're teeny tiny and pretty hard to see against my substrate, I'd have to take my tank apart. They're regularly listed on Aquabid though. I bought them from kvntran on this forum and I'm sure he probably has more given how well these guys breed. My cherry shrimp aren't breeding at all but I started with 5 of these guys and now they're everywhere.

·
Registered
346 Posts
How to breed this "unidentified shrimp"??
i have keep them with my CRS/CBS/YELLOW about 7month, never see them berried!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm fairly certain after poking around online that these are indeed blue bees. They have clearly pronounced stripes that don't fuse at the spine like they do in the malayas and the indian banded shrimp. Seems like somewhat of a misnomer though since the blue is REALLY hard to see and these guys are probably less than half the size of other bee shrimp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.