The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are these tiny white disk shaped things on the glass and driftwood of my 30 gal angelfish tank. If I look really close, they have kind of a flesh orangish color in the middle. I know they are alive and I can squish them with my finger. My stupid camera sucks and cant get a good pic of them but does anyone have a clue what these might be?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sticky: What's that bug? How to recognize them ( 1 2)

This Sticky is the Shrimp thread. I just saw it yeaterday. It has a bunch of nasty little guys, good ones and bad ones.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
small white moving disks are probably limpets.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think I might know what your talking about. I have them too!!
They are like tiny clams or barnacles that you see on boats. I seem to have two different kinds. One looks like a small clam, sometimes they open up and you see these small little feet and they run/swim extremely fast. My fish try to eat they sometimes. The other types looks like half a clam shell and they stick to my glass and some get inside my filters. Sort of like snails. I always wondered what these things are.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i looked at the sticky and yes i do believe they are limpets. Is there anything I can do about them? They are gross...lol

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
MMMMMMM BBQ Mister Limpet hehehe

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so how do i get rid of them?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well if they arent harmful then ill just let them die off...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts