The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
How long have you had your tank set up? What are your parameters? Are these new plants? I get those spots on my swords sometimes, usually it's when I need to add root tabs or when I move them and mess up their roots. How are your other plants doing?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When did you add them to the tank? They are heavy root feeders and will also need root tabs if the substrate does not already have nutrition.
Added them last Saturday and added seachem root tabs 1 on each, perhaps too close to the plants?

How long have you had your tank set up? What are your parameters? Are these new plants? I get those spots on my swords sometimes, usually it's when I need to add root tabs or when I move them and mess up their roots. How are your other plants doing?
Yes, the swords are new. Added them last Saturday and added seachem root tabs 1 on each, perhaps too close to the plants? I had a sword plant before without this issue. Had some plants already, they are doing fine. Along with the sword added a few more and they are doing fine also. Parameters good and 1 point difference CO2. Tank has been running 4-5 months.

Hi guys,

I noticed this today on the 2 sword plants that I have. Any suggestions what they might be lacking of? Using tropica ferts and CO2 as well.
Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Could just be from replanting them. They hate having their roots disturbed. If it takes over a third of the leaf cut the leaf off, if not keep an eye on it. If the new growth seems fine then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've got a couple leaves on my sword plant with those type of spots on them from moving it a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could just be from replanting them. They hate having their roots disturbed. If it takes over a third of the leaf cut the leaf off, if not keep an eye on it. If the new growth seems fine then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've got a couple leaves on my sword plant with those type of spots on them from moving it a few weeks ago.
Will do as per your suggestion and keep an eye on them. Thank you!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.