The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My LPS has had these guys for about two months, apparently a local guy has turned em from salt water to freshwater? They are absolutely beautiful, and change colors as you watch them..
Ive already bought them..>.<
It was a black friday deal!!
Some guy came in and bought like thirty of them, and these guys were the last two, so i snagged em.
But I have no idea what their even called!
My guy at the lps said they were converted locally, so they are already used to our soft water.

Anyone know?

http://youtu.be/qVL9QIXwSyo
http://youtu.be/xmoqXxSvoOc

Are the a type of ram? Maybe electric blue or German?

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Those are electric blue rams, (color breed of the german blue rams)
They are a freshwater fish, and would never survive in salt at all.

What tank are they going in? It looks like you probably have two males, in which they will need plenty of space or they will get very aggressive with each other.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Yup, definitely electric blue rams. They're a selectively bred morph of a fish native to the Orinoco River, so I find it quite humorous that someone claimed to have converted them from sw to fw. With very few exceptions (such as mollies), it can't be done.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are going in a fifty gallon, so theyll have PLENTY of room..lol. They are currently more whitish, and definitely bickering , still acclimating.

I posted this before researching, and i came up with the same thing!
Awesome. Anyone have any tips? =]

Also, how much do these guys usually go for?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
wow - you really have to question how legit and ethical the lfs is, selling "converted" fish.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If they get any more, I'll let you know!
It's more this one guy..he's one of the owners sons, and he tends to make stuff up to sell stuff. He once told me java fern was the hardest plant to grow, and the green hedge flourishes in his tank at home..there's one at every store. No store can e perfect!
But that's why I have you guys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.