The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want guppys. i currently have 5 otos and 2 bristlenose plecos in my 29 gallon. im just looking to stock it with a relatively small fish. i want to have alot of color. no grey or black. not crazy about plattys. something like a tetra is what i had in mind... help is appeciated.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i'm really diggin' pencilfish right now too. although if you want color, it's hard to beat cardinals. maybe glowlights? you could see if mark at anubias design has any ruby tetra (Axelrodia riesei) left ($3 each)?

·
Aroid Addict
3,494 Posts
Oh man, x2 on the Cardinals. They are a bit harder to keep than others but can't be beat on the color. Glowlights, Rummymoses and Neons are great too. Celebes Rainbows, Tiger Barbs, Odessa Barbs, most any rasbora, the list could go on forever.

If you want something a bit more rare, you could do a couple of Badis sp.

·
Aroid Addict
3,494 Posts
I'm going to have to argue that one.

Once I get my 20L up and running, I MUST have a school of these.
.......:eek5:. Wow. For the first time in my life, I'm speechless lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's another vote for Glowlight Tetra. They are cheap, active and practically bulletproof. My Glowlights are always chasing each other around, weaving between the plants and flashing their colors.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but there is one reason why i DONT want cardinals. i agree there a beaitufl fish..however, when they get big , dont they stop swiming around the tank alot, in a nice schoal? dont they become less active? i want a small schoaling, coloriful fish, that will have alot of activity in the tank...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But it was not in one of the tanks where they sell fish. it was one of there "show tanks". it was actualy a 29 gal(appoximet, im not certain) bio cube. planted. it was in a tank at preuss pets up in lancing, mi

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know they're not strictly "shoaling" fish, but cherry barbs are beautiful. And small. The males get a lovely bright red colour. Not sure how many you could keep happily in a 29g though cos they're territorial

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
I have a school of 10 Bloodfin Tetras in my 39 gal and they school much more than other Tetras. They are also very active and always chasing each other. Once they've acclimated to your tank they will wonder individually. Durring feeding time it's a frenzy and when they are spooked, they form into a sightly swarm. Very easy to keep as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with cardinals as a choice. I have 12 and love everyone of them. My prized fish is what i suggest to you though, microrasbora kubotai. They are a beautiful neon green and have a faint blue above their lateral line that you can see when the light hits em right

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW i like that!!!!!!!!!!! :) unfortnetly i have so much green plants they wouldent stand out...... or would they? i never herd of them. but i like them. they look alot like neons / cardinals, as far as body shape goes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.