The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna be ordering some dry ferts in the next day or two and was wondering what would be a good amount to start with? I have really hard water so dont think I need the GH Boosters but was planning on starting out with CSM-B or Miller MicroPlex (Opinions on which is better???), KNO3, and KH2PO4. Does this sound good? Should I get a lb of each? or 1/2lb of the micro and a lb each of the others? Seems to me I will be using alot more KNO3 than anything else and have limited money right now to get started.

THanks in advance, Ben

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have. Guess what I'm looking for is do I order more of one vs the other? Or what would b a good amount of bulk ferts to get to get started, not the doses for my tank.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,220 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
a pound of each is a good place to start with. next time you will know what you will use more of or not.

CSM-B vs Miller MicroPlex
i dont see it mentioned often but volume wise 1 pound of csm = 1/2 pound of microplex.

microplex
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS (%)
Magnesium (Mg) 5.43%
Boron (B) 0.5%
Cobalt (Co) 0.05%
Copper (Cu) 1.5%
Iron (Fe) 4%
Manganese (Mn) 4%
Molybdenum (Mo) 0.1%
Zinc (Zn) 1.5%

plantex cms+b
Fe 6.53%
Mn 1.87%
Mg 1.40%
Zn 0.37%
Cu 0.09%
Mo 0.05%
B 1.18%
Co 0.00%

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.