The Planted Tank Forum banner

What am I doing WRONG!!???

2402 Views 22 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  aquatickid
I recently set up this 75G and am having some algae issues and even plant issues. I'm somewhat new to the hobby so i'm super frustrated. I had green algae that went away after i raised the light fixture for a couple of days and added a hugry pleco. Now i have this brownish stuff growing on the glass especially near the substrate and on my cichlid stones. How do i get rid of this. I dose leaf zone once a week per bottle instructions and i dose Liquid co2 daily. I'm not sure if i'm using too much or too little light? At the moment i'm running two 39w geismann while i wait for two more in the mail. I bought the light off craigslist and it came with blue bulbs for corals. I run the two lighter ones once in a while. I posted a pic of the height between the tank and fixture, is it too low? I have the light on a timer from 11:00am to 10:30pm. too much? Is ten the limit? Any pointers would be awesome! Oh, and what the hell is wrong with my wisteria?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,363 Posts
have any of you guys used or know about colormax bulbs? Are they good for plants as far as spectrum?

the colormax bulbs are really intented for making fish look good. you can grow plants under them, i use them next to 6500k bulbs. the tank in journal had the colormax and 6500k until i got a LED set up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.