The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I’m a newbie to aquariums and have no idea what is happening to my anubias.

The bigger ones have a white mold on the roots. I have cleaned it off and even cut off let of the rhizome that was mushy but it keeps coming back.
The smaller ones are all dying and growing dark brown black roots and the leaves are falling off.

Water parameters all seem fine, I even dosed with seacham a few times and no improvement. Any advice would be great!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
That might be a rhizome rot issue that hits anubias. Cut all the bad stuff away completely, and you might be able to save the plant. Remove all the bad parts and anything that looks like it's starting to deteriorate.

I hate to say this, but if it's all over the tank there is a possibility you will lose all of the anubias you have in there. That rotting disease is contagious between plants (specifically to anubias, and some have reported also to buce) and can decimate an aquarium. It doesn't seem to affect stems, swords or other plants though.

Hopefully you can save your plants. Anubias are usually pretty sturdy, but that rhizome rot is one of the few things that can kill them. It took out a whole aquascape I had a few years ago in my 10g, and I was so upset that I turned that tank into a terrarium.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts