The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get this low iron glass tank as my first planted tank. The problem is that its going to be in my mom's living room, and I dont want to have some big lighting fixture that would require the hanging. So.. I was wondering if the Solar Mini series would work? Would I only need one or two?

Sorry if there any typos, its late :sleep:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The mini's will not work...the height from base is too short for using on the 60p and it will also create stress spots.

are you getting the stand as well or laying in on a counter or something? you could use the light stand if the measurements work out for you or just go with something non-ADA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, as I was taking a shower I thought to myself that the minis were going to be to short.. I shouldnt of even posted that, Im a retard :icon_mrgr Its going to go on an end table

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I use a 24" Coralife 65 watt freshwater aqualight for my 60-P. Works like a charm.

I would have liked to use an ADA fixture, but they are very expensive. If you are buying a clear cube garden I don't suppose cost is really an issue, right?;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.