The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in all the adds i have been hearing all this fuss about the new Fluval G series filter.i went to there website and it said "coming October" umm its the october 4 and theres nothing at any store i hav seen (mostly online sorses)
also if anbody knows anything about the system info is allways good. the two main things i need to know are...
-The date the fluval g comes out
-how much it will cost

thnx

·
Super Moderator
12,014 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
When i first heard about the fluval G... i was like.... :cool:

Then i saw the design and i was like... :bounce:

Then i saw the £249 and £299 price tags and i was like :eek:

and now i'm like :proud: - i'll stick with my eheims, thanks.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I would be wiling to pay a bit for convenience. We haven't seen or hear much about these yet. Flow rate sounds low, but what rate are they stating at the outlet. The Eheim docunebte flow rates are empty and like any filter are much lower through media. If the flow rates are for a full, media populated canister than the rates aren't bad. Are they assuming larger canister means greater exposure as well.

This is like big slow moving fan vs small fast fan disussion. Both move a lot of air , just different approaches.

Are the cartridges just containers? Or are they media cartridges. If former than that's great. If latter and you can only fit carbon in one, then that would be a waste.

Have to see what the street price is too. Pounds to dollar conversion isn't likely to represent the actual us price.

Anyway, I'll keep an interested, open mind. But we need to see some real experience and feedback with them. Same with anything new. I coils go for the "big fan" method if it works, is quieter, lower maintenance and cost competitive with the top end Eheims.

New is good and fun to talk about.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The none of the features should be that important to planted tank owners. quick change cartridges? why? Should need to clean your filter more than once every few months....

in the Uk retailers are selling them for the full rrp... for a fluval G6 you could have 3.7 eheim 2217s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts