The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up wed morning, and had both bulbs on the 25 gallon go (60$+ each for coralife bulbs)

Turned on my 90 gallon, both actinics went, simotaniously.

4 bulbs in one more, or so i thought. Bought new bulbs yesterday, the 10,000/67,000k daylight combo was a dud out of the box. Neither actinics worked still, turns out I blew a fan motor. So I had to by pass the one motor, and now have to make a trip to replace the combo bulb.. again.

Lucky for me, there is a brand called Blue Life (SPS) that Island pets carries. Coralife bulbs 65$+ on average, Blue Life SPS 28$+ average.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
65$ for a bulb over a 25g sounds really steep. If you're using the Coralife CF bulbs they are alot cheaper then 65$ a light. If you're using the Coralife CF unit, I feel your pain. My coralife unit over my 56g has given me nothing but issues.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you waiting for the bulbs to go out on their own before you buy new ones?
Not at all, i replace the bulbs every 9 months.

I just bought the 25 gallon a month or so ago, and it came with bulbs. One was already burnt out, the other he had a receipt for saying it was only 3 months old. I got played, oh well.

Anyways, normally the coralife brang CF's are 60$+ out here. When I first bought the fixture bulbs were 25-30$, the price went up dramatically not long after. I buy the SPS bulbs now and they are just as good for alot less.

Yesterday, I went all the way back to Burnaby to replace the dud bulb... Got home, she had given me another actinic! ugh, now I have to back a third time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.