The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the ohio river and a nearby swampy area plant collecting today. Found several plants including egeria, vals, ludwigias, hornwort, azolla, and arrowhead. Then I looked in a small stream near the swamp and found these little guys growing both emersed and submersed. What is it?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Funny you ask. I just posted where someone suggested Clinopodium brownei as an ID for a plant. I think you may have it.

C. brownei:

Tommy

·
Registered
96 Posts
don't know much about plants yet but it seems to me that the leaves look different. a bit softer on the big one and on yours they seem a bit stiff. ir maybe it is a mutated version. recently learned about mutations in biology. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lysimachia nummularia aka Creeping Jenny
:rolleyes: I remember now it is native to the area. I should've guessed that one. I actually had it for a little while years ago. Haven't heard anyone talk about it in a long time though. I'll call that find a WIN! I actually got really excited when I seen it growing both emersed and submersed in a little stream lol.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
:rolleyes: I remember now it is native to the area. I should've guessed that one. I actually had it for a little while years ago. Haven't heard anyone talk about it in a long time though. I'll call that find a WIN! I actually got really excited when I seen it growing both emersed and submersed in a little stream lol.
Like Lugwigia Repens this plant is common in my area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.