The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So, came home from a couple of days away, and found this little guy pushing through the pebble. Is this a runner from the wendtii right behind it? The leaf structure is similar, but not the same, and shape is different. Could it be the submerged form? The other two I have have been putting out a new leaf, the same as the others ,every few days for a month and I haven't seen any like this.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I remember when I first got store-bought crypts, they came planted in the wool. When I separated it, it had what look like runners. More like a whole new plant separately growing that's attached by a long root.

BTW, that's a nice crypt you got. The wendtii I have are very tall with thin leaves.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I figured, the leaf shape is just so much different. More like a triangle, not rounded at all.

This is the other one, much larger. I figured it would put out runners before the little one. I had so many melts with the little one that I didn't think it was gonna pull through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.