The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had Wendtii's of all different colors in my tank since June. They have been great, holding color and growing strong. I recently bough 4 Discus and have since been doing 50% WCs twice weekly and im about to up it to 4 days a week!

From what i have read in my searches here, changes in parameter (ala more water changes) cause cause crypts to melt. I have 6 wendtii's that are all melting at once right now.

My question is: Will this continue while i own discus and do 4-50% WC's a week?

I dose E.I and have about 2.3 wpg in a 180gal. pressurized CO2 tank. No other plants are affected.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any drastic changes can cause crypts to melt. They will get used to the constant water changes and grow back.
Why are you doing such drastic water changes?
Sorry i misread your post. Most people who own discus do WC daily. Being that i have a 180 i REALYY dont want to do that so im gonna do 50% 4 times every other day.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
It's usually only juvenile discus where people maintain that water change regimen; once adults, 50% weekly is usually sufficient.

I suspect that your Crypts will grow back and get used to your water change regimen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's usually only juvenile discus where people maintain that water change regimen; once adults, 50% weekly is usually sufficient.

I suspect that your Crypts will grow back and get used to your water change regimen.
Yeah they are still young and im still adding more so ill keep this up for a few months. Glad to hear most of you think my plants will adjust!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.