The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been covered serveral times but I'm having trouble finding any type of water reports for my area.

The problem is we are using well water and the only reports I can find are on city water thats being treated with flouride, etc.

Does anyone know if reports are generated for well water with regaurds to silicates, nitrates, iron, etc.?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
You might be able to have your water tested cheaply locally for the presence of bacteria and such, but unless your services are much better than mine, you're going to have to pay for a lab to test your well for mineral content. We use National Testing Laboratories. It costs a couple hundred dollars for a very thorough test, unfortunately.

Going by water quality reports from neighbors wouldn't work either unless you're certain that the two wells are very similar. Differing depths and areas cause huge changes in the water that comes out of the pipes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.