1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Welcome to the Articles Editor Section!

First thinks first:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/articles/ <- What we have so far.

I whipped this up this weekend, and tested it semi-thoroughly but bugs are still likely to exist, and the features it currently has are just what I thought were basic/required.

I transferred over articles from the old articles section as a method of testing. There are some which are more than likely in the wrong category and reading some of them made me realize how badly they needed to be updated and/or removed.

Currently this forum is only visible to people with editor status, which I have to assign. Maybe in the future when all testing is done, I can open it up to all users to get input about articles (or maybe not, I haven't really decided yet).

Anyways please take it for a spin and let me know what you think (good or bad) and we can go from there. If you want to take a shot at re-editing an article create a new thread where we can discuss any changes. I'll also have to give you permission to edit it, right now I have it set up so only the user who created the article, can edit it (well and me ;) ).

Looking forward to feedback.

- Kyle

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Sounds great, Kyle.

I'll take a quick read-through of the existing articles to see what we can use from them and what needs to be updated.

Thanks for all your hard work!

·
Registered
961 Posts
I took a quick look at your work Kyle and it looks great. Simple and effective. Maybe some day we can parse it down even further into sub-categories and then articles, but for now, this is a great start.

As I posted in the other thread, I'll take a deeper look when I get a free moment and will decide what to volunteer for. Thanks again for the great work.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Nice! So at some point when there is more time or when we actually start making headway with articles the sidebar could be expanded to include the entire heading>subheading tree from the original library topic?
After looking through the articles there already we have plenty of work to do! I have a few things to look at this morning at work and then I might start banging on a couple of the basic topics (cycling/initial tank startup). So once I get a rough "article" together I should just post a new topic for it here?

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! So at some point when there is more time or when we actually start making headway with articles the sidebar could be expanded to include the entire heading>subheading tree from the original library topic?
After looking through the articles there already we have plenty of work to do! I have a few things to look at this morning at work and then I might start banging on a couple of the basic topics (cycling/initial tank startup). So once I get a rough "article" together I should just post a new topic for it here?
Yeah we can start a thread in this forum to finalize the category structure and then I'll implement it.

I think it would be a good idea to start a new topic for every article you create in order to get feedback and ask for any suggestions.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts