The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rescaped, all was well, but this white slimey stuff on my wood keeps coming back after I scrub it off now its spread all over the tank. Any ideas what it is? It's been over 2 months

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
This is a hobby which had a real thing about teaching patience!
There are tons of different small things like fungus, bacteria, etc. that most of us never notice if they don't show up in our tank to bug us. But it takes a very specific set of conditions to be just right as these are really small delicate things that have a limited life and range of what they like.
That leaves us doing one of two things, we can try to change the conditions or we can just wait and let those conditions change on their own.
A bit of peroxide squirted directly on it may kill it quickly but I think I see some really small and delicate livestock so there is a fair amount of hazard in doing that as too much in the water will kill them and too much on the plants does it to them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.