The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I moved my blue bees from one planted tank with cherries to another planted tank all their own. I rarely ever saw them in the first tank, and for the first 3 days of putting them in the second tank I might see one or two at a time.

This morning when I checked I can see 6; 4 feeding off the sponge filter and 2 swimming laps around the tank. This behavior seems very odd to me compared to what I've read about them and seen previously. I'm going to do water param checks as soon as I get back from dropping the kids at school and a meeting.

Is there any other reason they could be doing this? Maybe they just realized there are no rcs with them and its a happy dance kinda thing? hehe.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
mating dance. the 2 doing laps are probably males and the difference in water got the females in the breeding mood and they released a scent in the water that is driving the males nuts looking for the female. Look for any fresh molts around.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, that made me feel much better and made me laugh. And while explaining it to my husband I was trying to say doing laps and mating dance at the same time and came up with lap dance...so we're all having a good laugh now. My mom thinks I should start filming my snails and shrimp doing their thing...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yup. When I first put my 16 blue bee shrimp in a tank with RCS I rarely saw them. Now that they are in a tank of their own and happy they are all over the place and no longer just 16. I have over 70 right now and 6 females berried.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Where in Acworth? It has grown a lot in the last 11 years since I moved here. You probably won't recognize it anymore.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to Lost Mountain middle school. Moved to paulding county for high school. I lived on the lake...near HWY 95. I cant remember much more than that. I was in GA in May to help my mom move out here. I can say the only thing I really miss are the trees and green things...lol, I like the openness of the desert, but its almost always brown here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.