The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!
Recently I’ve notice some weird black particles sitting on the rocks and plants in my tank and I’m not 100% sure what they are. They aren’t growing on / attached to anything because if I swirl the water they come off and float around. I don’t have any animals other than two bladder snails that came in on my plants and then bred resulting in around 15 really small snails. I was thinking that it could be waste from my snails but it seems like there’s way too much so I wanted to ask for other people’s opinions. Right now I’ve just been dealing with it by swirling the water during water changes and sucking up all the floating particles, but if it’s algae or something else I want to deal with the root cause.

Photos of snails + particles attached below:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Me personally only notice snails waste when setting up a new tank, i add snails+shrimp "combo" to start the cycle and to stabilize with algae. However, thats the time i can visually notice an increased amount of snails waste, but dont be scared, they will be (if controled, like you are doing very well) fertilzers to you tank, or eventually grow algae and they will eat it again so dont worry that much, just keep up the good effort on trying to clean it when you see a lot.

The way you doing is fine

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.