The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Marimo moss ball that has this weird grey fuzz on some of the strands, there is also some on my java moss. The only inhabitants in this tank are bloody Mary shrimp and ramshorn snails.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok here's a pick. The grey stuff kinda looks like food in the pic my cam is very bad, also a couple of snail eggs got in the way.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the far side toward the terracotta pot on the top of the moss ball.

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
134 Posts
Is it jelly-like and translucent? Do you have any new driftwood in your tank? it almost looks like the slime coating that can grow on new pieces of wood that eventually goes away. It's hard to tell from the photo though. The best thing you can do is syphon it out! If it's holding on tight, trim it away from the ball, and completely remove it from the tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.