The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,

I have a 15g long (24x12x12) which I am thinking of upgrading to an extra-high (24x12x24). So it would be 30g with the same footprint. Does this sound like a lot of weight concentrated on a small space of my floor? I live in an apartment building, and I don't want to risk any nasty accidents.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If a 300 pound man visited your apartment, would you worry if he stood where the tank is, and stayed there for all day? (Forget the substantial cost of feeding him while he is standing there, and just think about the floor!) If you don't know any 300 pound men, change that to a loving couple, each weighing 150 pounds, who would stand, hugging in that same location all day (yes, they would be teenagers).

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have had a 55 gallon tank and a 20 gallon tank on the second floor of two different apartment complexes with no problem. Plus i stand next to it all the time with some of my firends and which adds about 170 for me and 200 for my roomate so you should be good.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, that all sounds reassuring, thank you. I was just concerned because the tank would be a 30g with a 15g footprint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts