The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Growing like weeds that is. Two weeks ago I switched from Flourish to Pfertz solutions and root tabs. Turned the CO2 up a little and now have the in-tank reactor maxed out at 10 or so bps.

Since then things have been growing like crazy. I just trimmed last Sunday. Went on a bus trip Tues-Thurs and when I got home in the evening the tank looked like i haven't trimmed in a month.

The Hygrophila corymbosa siemensis has grown 6 inches. The Wisteria too. Wisteria has always grown fast, but gees. The Red Tiger Lotus looks like its trying to burst out of its skin and another one has appeared from within the middle of the Kompakt, 24 inches away like it was shot out of a cannon and landed in the middle of the clump.

Now the C.Furcata and Red Temple are growing noticably, but have a ways to go to catch up. Can't wait for that.

What a difference. Once the other plants do catch up I'm thinking of dialing Pfertz and CO2 back so I'm not trimming like a mad man every weekend.

I'm gong to have some stems to sell.

Thaks for all the advice everyone.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10bps its only yielding about 20ppm. There are very few bubbles leaving the reactor.

I resist reducing light because we do all of our viewing in the morning before school and at night before bed.

I just need a submersible lawn mower.

Actually I'm just surprised at how fast some of the plants are growing. Somehow I didn't think my setup would acheive that kind of growth.

thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
10bps its only yielding about 20ppm. There are very few bubbles leaving the reactor.

I resist reducing light because we do all of our viewing in the morning before school and at night before bed.

I just need a submersible lawn mower.

Actually I'm just surprised at how fast some of the plants are growing. Somehow I didn't think my setup would acheive that kind of growth.

thanks for the suggestion.
Pics? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ed.

hehe, yes I did figure out what they are - Hygrophila corymbosa Kompakt. A really nice, hardy plant. They came robust and healthy from AquaBotanic and have stayed robust and healthy.

Thanks for the compliment, glad you like it. Proves anyone can do this. 3 months ago, I had no idea how to get started. Read every mag and post I could find, then jumped in.

We'll see how I do when my first big problem arises. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.