The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12x6x6 nano aquarium. I have some added a Hydor UG heater and a Deep Blue HOB filter. The substrate is a flourish substrate. I also seeded the HOB filter with some ceramic rings from my other tank. I intend on some Newbie shrimp and some moss. I have a 12" 33 LED fixture on its way as well as a pretty cool piece of driftwood. Any suggestions for a newb???

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My parameters are jumpin into a quick cycle. I am assuming such a small tank will cycle relatively fast. Gonna strap some flame moss to my driftwood. My daughter would like a Betta as opposed to shrimp. Waddya guys think?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got the driftwood and the parameteers checked in already. Still not sure whether to stock a Betta or some shrimp. I aklso have some flame moss on the way. I plan on adding to the driftwood.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it'd make a great shrimp tank since its a little small for a betta. It's doable with a betta, it just takes a little more effort.
With the driftwood I think its way too small for a Betta. Gonna stick with the shrimp. I have 2 2x2" pieces of weeping moss on its way. Where do you suggest I place 'em. Remember the gravel line to the top is about 5" and the length is 12". I was considering attaching one piece to the DW and the other in a corner of the tank on the substrate.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
How's the light output from that light?
They're decent medium lights for shallow tanks like these.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have Mystery snails (P bridgesii) in my tank. They don't eat plants, just algae and leftover food, get along nicely with the shrimp, and add some color. Most anywhere that has fish will have them for a couple bucks apiece. 1 or 2 would be fine in that tank.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
All over the eyesore rock 0.0 get that out lol.

Really it is too big though.

I think you should get the fissidens all over your driftwood from start to finish. Flame goes up, so get it on either side of the DW.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fissidens in the corner and flame moss on the DW.
Is there anything I should know about mosses? dosing, lighting,etc? I am pretty well versed to the hobby but a moron to plants. Any advice would be great! I have tons of Java ferns and anubias in my tanks, but none that requires attention.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.